Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Ray of light



J-Pants and I attended the Ray Lamontagne concert last night, and that officially completes my list of things I need to do before I die. Its been nice knowing all of you. But in all seriousness, have you ever heard a song that was so beautiful it made your heart hurt? That was what the entire concert was like. (If I heard any of my friends say what is in the green text, I would tell them to stop being such a pussy.) J-Pants and I have been in love with Ray for years now and there are several of his songs that are "our songs", so it truly was magical to see him last night. I was so giddy and may have acted like a child on Christmas Eve.


Whenever I hear about new bands I usually look them up, so if any of you out there are so inclined, make sure you look up the songs Jolene and Trouble. As a disclaimer: The first time I listened to Ray, I hated him. But since a friend who usually nails my musical taste had given me the cd, I gave it another chance for his sake. Cam, I never should have doubted you. So if you don't like it, give it a second chance. And if you still don't like it, you probably like Lil' Wayne and we shouldn't be friends.



Also something you should know, Ray's bassist looked exactly like this muppet and moved like her.


This is Leona Naess. She opened for Ray. And even though she acted like a stoned 7-year-old, I liked her music. She's sounds a bit Feisty. I'll give her the green light onto my ipod.

Dear J-Pants:
All of this around us'll fall over
I tell you what we're gonna do
You will shelter me my love
And I will shelter you
--Ray

No comments: