Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My insides feel all jiggly


J-Pants and I have decided to do a triathlon this May. I'm fine on swimming and biking, but I hate running so that makes me a little nervous. 
In 9th grade my friend Jessie and I joined the swimming team. At our very first meet I dove in the water and my goggles fell off. I ended up finishing several minutes behind even the last person. My family was there to cheer me on but it felt humiliating. That was the last time I ever competitively swam. I love swimming but this showed me that maybe I should just stick to wave pools and lazy rivers. Either way, this time I can just go at my own pace and I should be fine, right? Right?!

2 comments:

Kenna said...

Right.

If someone offered me a million dollars to run a triathlon I would still tell them to, 'Get bent.'

However, if they threw in a baby, I totally would.

Good luck, you are hardcore

Catherine Faux said...

Whoa! That's awesome. Maybe the running will just be from the parkinglot (depending upon the location of your car) to the wave pool.