Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it

I'm sitting at work, wishing I was at home in bed with my husband. I've been working overnights since I started in August, despite the fact that they told me when I interviewed that I wouldn't have to. So I've decided to make a list of things that make this job not so bad:
* I get to wear sweatpants to work.
* I was able to watch 4 seasons of The L Word, 1 season of Californication, 1 season of 30 Rock, 2 seasons of Weeds, 1/2 a season of heroes, and a whole list of new releases.
* I actually have a well paying job in this scary economy.
* I get to spend hours reading other peoples blogs and spending time on facebook, and not feel too guilty about wasting time like that because at least I'm getting paid.
* I like the girls I'm supposed to watch (most the time).
* I get to read the celebrity mags I would never ever buy, because the girls leave them laying around. (Did you know that Hayden Panasomething and her boyfriend have broken up? Aren't you so glad you know that now? Thank you Ok! Weekly)
* Nobody is awake to see me when I do embarrassing things i.e. : I was decorating the house with streamers for one of the girl's birthdays, and I ended up falling off the chair and only slightly hurting myself.
* Thanks to the Kindle that my wonderful mother-in-law got me, I get to read and read and read.
* J-Pants got me some art supplies for my birthday, and so at work while everyone is sleeping, no one gets to see my embarrassing and less than artistic attempts.

I'm feeling a little bit better about my job...

P.S. My little brother is serving a mission in Argentina and he says that the people down there will often wear shirts with English on them, but not know what they mean. He met one old lady with a great slogan on her shirt: Put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

2 comments:

deanna said...

Yeah I read a shirt in Czech that said Three blind mouse. Who needs correct English?!
Maybe you can start doing belly dancing workout videos since noone is watching. Kinda weird but kinda cool.

sharon said...

what kind of art are you doing ? I hope there not naked pictures or I guess maybe you could start doing nudes ? okay not really anyway you still going to do that triathlon?