Tuesday, March 24, 2009

If you're going to San Francisco...

To start with, other than J-Pants getting attacked by a stray colt, we had a great time in San Francisco.
We didn't get to do any swimming thanks to the freezing water...
..but at least J-Pants got to chase some seagulls, so it wasn't a complete loss.
Alcatraz was pretty cool. I thought it was funny that they claim no one ever successfully escaped, even though several men were never found after a breakout.  
This homeless guy was my favorite. He would sit behind these branches and then scare unsuspecting people as they walked past. J-Pants and I watched people scream for a good half hour.
One of the days we got to bike over to and across the Golden Gate Bridge, and then into Sausalito for lunch. 
The guy behind J-pants kept trying to get out of the picture so I waited until he was looking and then took the picture ha ha.
Between Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, small theater plays, sushi, and the de Young museum we had a great time. I didn't leave my heart in San Francisco, but I did leave a well fed homeless person. 


P.S. For some strange reason I found the plants in San Francisco so huggable.


11 comments:

Kenna said...

We were way south in Oceanside and the water was STILL freezing. Josh surfed anyway, and I fell asleep on the beach and magically turned into a leper.

I really want to meet that homeless guy, or be just like him. I'll take either/or.

Ashley Cooper said...

Looks like tons of fun! I especially love the homeless guy scaring people; that's awesome!

Catherine Faux said...

Jealous! How did you get that homeless guy to take a picture with you? hahaha. You kill me.

deanna said...

SOOO jealous!
xoxoxo

David Baker said...

I believe J's account would be much different.

Jessica C. said...

I love that you take non-traditional tourist photos. Every one of those photos is beyond awesome.

A "cheery" disposition said...

Haha those hugging trees are awesome

Senor Boyero said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicholas said...

I wish you too had a reality t.v. show on the travel channel.

Catherine Faux said...

Ashley this is really random but do you remember that birthday party sleepover you had at your house where we played desert and Collyn Dewey got naked and cried when you pulled the blanket off? Well we watched a movie about a girl that goes back in time in the place of her aunt or something and falls out of the barn...what is that movie called? I am seriously dying here.

Angie said...

That picture of you hugging the big, circular plant is a perfect picture to let you know what you will feel like at the end of your pregnancy! Just get ready to be tired, kind of sick, and really big. And the colt mounting Jordan illustrates the act of getting pregnant!